(Pringles article updated with listing of publicly traded companies that have issued recalls of food tainted by Basic Food Flavors ingredients.)
The Cheeseburger and "Taco Night" versions of the snack are being recalled, which only comprise 0.5% of Pringles volume in the U.S. The company is offering replacement coupons or refunds.
P&G is the latest company to recall products with hydrolyzed vegetable protein made by Basic Food Flavors -- but it's hardly the only one. The manufacturer of the flavor enhancer issued a recall last week when Salmonella was found in its equipment and was transferred to its product.McCormick (MKC) pulled packages of French onion dip mix, vegetable dip mix, onion gravy mix and corn stuffing mix, all of which contained hydrolyzed vegetable protein manufactured by Basic Food Flavors. Meanwhile, both CVS Caremark (CVS) and Safeway (SWY) recalled certain pretzels from the National Pretzel company and Kroger (KR) removed Dean's brand dips from its shelves. -- Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV