NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- ETF investors looking for an unconventional proxy play on the growth of the natural gas industry may want to take a look at the various firms responsible for providing the U.S. and the rest of the world with potable drinking water.
For a while now I have promoted instruments like the First Trust Revere-ISE Natural Gas Index ETF (FCG) and the JPMorgan Alerian MLP Index ETN (AMJ) as the best ways to play the expanding U.S. natural gas industry.
Thanks to the advent and development of unconventional natural gas drilling techniques, analysts now estimate that the natural gas reserves in the U.S. could adequately supply the nation for a century.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV