CUPERTINO, Calif. (TheStreet) -- Apple (AAPL) is on a tear as its stock price has reached multiple new highs over the past week. While it might make sense to buy Apple in anticipation of a peak on the iPad's April 3 launch date, Apple's current price of about $224 isn't exactly cheap.
There are, however, a handful of tech stocks that allow investors to take a bite out of Apple and its phenomenal swell on the cheap. While most of Apple's future-facing products and suppliers are still shrouded in mystery -- Apple didn't respond to TheStreet's request for comment on this story -- investors are likely to see Apple-related upside in Broadcom (BRCM), AT&T (T), SanDisk (SNDK), and OmniVision (OVTI).
Alternatively, investors that want to play Apple in the market but avoid the risks associated with one specific stock might want to consider an ETF with a position in Apple. Apple accounts for just over 15% of the PowerShares QQQ Fund (QQQQ), which has risen more than 77% in the last twelve months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV