By Michael Johnston of ETF Database
March 9, 2009 is a date etched into the memories of many investors.
That was the day most equity markets hit their lows following months of unprecedented volatility, depressing statistical releases and countless false bottoms.
It also marked the beginning of an impressive rally that saw most major indices climb steadily for the remainder of the year, reclaiming big chunks of the ground lost during the downturn.While the "great rally of '09" boosted most asset classes (and their related exchange-traded funds), some performed far better than others. Below, we highlight the 10 nonleveraged ETFs that have delivered the best performances in the 12 months following the bear market lows of March 2009:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV