Cisco shares were trading at $26.36, after closing at $26.13 on Monday, up 3.65%.
Cisco said last month it would make an announcement Tuesday that "will forever change the Internet and its impact on consumers, businesses and government."
Pete Najarian of OptionMonster and CNBC's "Fast Money" speculates the Cisco announcement might be an explosive move by the company in the data area.Ittai Kidron, an analyst with Oppenheimer & Co., expects Cisco to unveil a router capable of transmitting Internet traffic at 120 gigabits per second per slot, or more than 2 terabytes per device, Bloomberg reports. On its Web site Tuesday, Cisco has a clock counting down to the 10 a.m. EST announcement. The Web site says "Cisco's next innovation will help service providers prepare for the future by delivering anywhere to anywhere experiences. On March 9, 'what's next' arrives." -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV