Jones joined Raytheon in 1977 and rose through the ranks. He was appointed president of El Segundo, Calif.-based SAS in 2005. The division employs 13,000 people worldwide and designs and manufactures avionics and sensors for military aircraft. Jones was also executive diversity champion for Raytheon.
"Jon was a valued contributor to Raytheon for 33 years, an outstanding leader within our company, industry and community, and a dear friend," said CEO William Swanson, in a prepared statement. "He was a wonderful innovator who guided numerous programs of the utmost importance to our men and women in uniform."Jones received a bachelor's degree in engineering from California State University, Northridge, and later attended UCLA, where he received a master's degree in engineering management. -- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C. .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV