BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Utility stocks offer large dividends, but weak revenue growth. Here are five positioned to outgrow peers in 2010. They rank atop the industry, according to the TheStreet's quantitative model, which evaluates equity fundamentals and performance.
5. DPL (DPL) sells electricity in Ohio.
The numbers: Fourth-quarter profit decreased 30% to $50 million, or 43 cents a share, as revenue ascended 3.4% to $405 million. DPL's operating margin narrowed from 28% to 25%. It holds $75 million of cash and $1.3 billion of debt. Its return on equity, a measure of profitability, beats the industry average.
The stock: DPL has advanced 35% in the past year, trailing U.S. benchmarks. It trades at a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 11, a discount to its peer group average. Its PEG ratio, a measure of value relative to growth, is low at 1.5. A PEG ratio below 1 implies cheap shares. It offers a 4.4% dividend yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV