Bailey highlighted a "strong rebound" in corporate demand as the economy shows more signs of recovery.
The analyst explained that in the January quarter, H-P's PC unit shipments were up 26% year-over-year with revenue up 20%, driven largely by consumer sales. Dell, however, has been struggling with soft enterprise demand, said Bailey, although this is set to change.
"Dell's recovery should begin to accelerate in the next few quarters as the company begins to benefit from a ramping corporate PC replacement cycle," he wrote.
Tech research firm IDC recently reported that shipments of PC microprocessors grew more than 31% year-over-year in the fourth quarter of 2009, providing yet more evidence of an improving economy.Dell's stock gained 6 cents, or 0.43%, to reach $13.94 shortly after market open on Monday, while H-P dipped 17 cents, or 0.33%, to $51.86. -- Reported by James Rogers in New York Follow James Rogers on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV