By Kevin Grewal, Editorial Director at www.SmartStops.net
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When it comes to the global economy, China continues to be the talk of the town. To take it a step further, the nation, expected to witness the largest economic growth in 2010, is said to be driving the fate of exchange traded funds.
According to a recent Securities and Commission filing by the Chinese Investment Corporation, or CIC, the sovereign wealth fund holds north of $9 billion in U.S. equity investments. The detailed filing further indicates the following allocations:
$254 million to the iShares S&P Global Materials (MXI)
$235 million to the Select Sector SPDR TR SBI Int Energy (XLE)
$207 million to the iShares MSCI EAFE Index (EFA), which boasts BHP Billiton (BHP) as one of its top holdings.
$156 million to the SPDR Gold Trust (GLD)
$116 million to the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX)
$107 million to the iShares S&P Global Energy (IXC)
$83 million to the Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB)
$79 million to the U.S. Oil Fund (USO)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV