AUTO RECALL PHOTO GALLERY: 2005-2006 Chrysler Town & Country
That said, the public might have to get used to seeing recalls as a trend for some time to come, and not just for unintended acceleration.
Chrysler, for one, earlier this year recalled about 300,000 minivans for problematic airbags , including the 2005-2006 Chrysler Town & Country [pictured above], Dodge Caravan and Grand Caravan.
"I think we are going to see a few more recalls in the next few months as both automakers and NHTSA step up their efforts to make sure that all vehicles are in good working order," David Silver of Wall Street Strategies says. Silver is "not saying that either were not doing a good job before, but now that all the news is circulating, the automakers don't want to be seen as lazy and putting their customers' lives on the line.""Toyota's problems seems to dwarf the other automakers problems," Silver adds. "However, the Nissan recall could be dangerous. The braking pin comes dislodged, but it is unclear how delayed (if at all) the braking is in the car. GM's recall seems to be nothing at all; a problem with power steering where it may become a little more difficult to steer the car under 15 mph."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV