AUTO RECALL PHOTO GALLERY: Early-2003 Model-Year Toyota Sequoia sport utility vehicle
On April 28, Toyota issued yet another recall, this time on about 50,000 early-2003 Toyota Sequoia SUVs to upgrade their stability-control system for controlling a loss of traction during turns.
This, not long after a separate call was made on about 9,400 2010 Lexus GX 460 SUVs after Consumer Reports deemed the car a "don't buy," also due to traction concerns.
Still, the world's largest automaker is far from the only car company revealing vehicle defects and issuing recalls. Indeed, numerous automakers have issued recalls of late, including Nissan (NSANY), GM, Ford (F), Chrysler and Honda (HMC).Yes, even Ford, which has generated significant goodwill in the U.S. by virtue of the fact that it is not Toyota, has issued recalls of its own -- and has, in fact, like the other big six carmakers, received its own complaints regarding sudden acceleration, according to Edmunds.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV