1. AsiaInfo (ASIA) sells telecommunications software and IT-security products.
Numbers: Fourth-quarter profit multiplied sixfold to $14 million, or 29 cents a share, as revenue climbed 42% to $76 million. The operating margin widened from 15% to 19%. AsiaInfo holds $285 million of cash, equating to a quick ratio of 2.1, and no debt.
Stock: AsiaInfo has soared 143% over the past year, beating major benchmarks. The stock trades at a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 18, a 14% discount to the industry average. Its PEG ratio of 0.6 reflects a bargain relative to expected growth.
Catalyst: China's telecom-software spending is expected to grow 15% a year through 2012. One of two telecom users is served by AsiaInfo's systems. Expansion into the IT-security market is a safe diversification as government agencies drive growth.Consensus: Seven of eight analysts that follow AsiaInfo advocate purchasing shares. The stock gained 61%, on average, during the past three years. Pacific Crest Securities projects it will climb 43% to $40. It ranks in the top 3% of our coverage universe. -- Reported by Jake Lynch in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV