2. Jinpan International (JST) makes transformers for infrastructure development.
Numbers: Third-quarter profit soared 82% to $9.4 million, or 58 cents a share, as revenue declined 1.9% to $44 million. Jinpan's operating margin extended from 16% to 22%. Its balance sheet houses $38 million of cash and $26 million of debt.
Stock: Jinpan has quadrupled in the past 12 months, outperforming major indices. The stock sells for a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 14, a 27% discount to the peer-group average. The shares are also cheap based on book value and cash flow.
Catalyst: China's $586 billion stimulus has another year of payouts and about 38% is allocated to infrastructure development. Jinpan received an Underwriters Laboratories, or UL, certification in 2009 and is now exporting to developed economies.Consensus: Only two analysts cover Jinpan, but both advocate buying the shares. Roth Capital expects the stock to appreciate 20% to $29. It has gained 39%, on average, during the past three years, landing in the top 4% of stocks we cover.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV