BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The People's Republic of China, despite talk of a bubble, still offers investment opportunities superior to those in many developed nations, including the U.S. Here are five U.S.-listed China small-caps with outstanding prospects and "buy" ratings.
5. China Automotive Systems (CAAS) makes power-steering systems and car components.
Numbers: Third-quarter profit more than tripled to $8.6 million, or 28 cents a share, as revenue increased 75% to $65 million. The operating margin expanded from 9.1% to 14%. The company holds $55 million of cash and $60 million of debt.
Stock: China Automotive Systems has advanced 669% in the past year, trouncing U.S. benchmarks. The stock trades at a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 27, a 31% discount to the industry average. Its PEG ratio, a measure of value relative to growth, is low at 0.6. A PEG ratio below 1 implies cheap shares.Catalyst: China overtook the U.S. in 2009 to become the world's largest car market. Last year, its domestic industry grew by an estimated 50%. China is spurring growth by offering consumer incentives. Domestic players enjoy preferential treatment. Consensus: Of five analysts surveyed by Bloomberg, two recommend buying the shares and the remainder advise holding. During the past three years, the stock has gained 37% annually, on average. It ranks in the top 8% of TheStreet's coverage universe.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV