Palladium is set to generate strong investment returns during 2010, driven both by its use as a precious metal and as a replacement for platinum in automobile manufacturing.
Palladium spot prices dropped by almost 3.7% on Jan. 21, from as high of $468.7 per ounce on just the previous day for spot delivery on the Nymex, following the recall of 2.3 million vehicles by Toyota Motor (TM). The metal remained under pressure as Honda Motor (HMC) joined the recall parade.
Nonetheless, the ongoing recovery in overall auto sales in the U.S. bodes well for the metal. During February, Ford Motor (F) reported a 43% jump in sales, while General Motors, Honda, and Hyundaireported double-digit growth in sales on a year-over-year basis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV