NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were poised to move on above-average volume during Friday's session.
Zanett (ZANE) was set to retrace some of Thursday's 580% surge, sparked by the customized IT solutions company announcement that it booked $12 million in new contracts during the first two months of 2010. The 50-day average daily volume for Zanett is 182,000, according to the Nasdaq. The stock finished at $2.12 Thursday but was down nearly 5% in early trading.
Conexant (CNXT) slipped by 18 cents, or 4.1%, to $4.21 in the premarket session after the semiconductor company priced an offering of 14 million common shares at $4 per share. The 50-day average daily volume for Conexant is 2.2 million.
DepoMed (DEPO) rose by 13 cents, or 4.4%, to $3 in the premarket session after the specialty pharmaceutical company posted a fourth-quarter loss of 7 cents a share, which was narrower than the 13-cent-a-share loss analysts had expected. The 50-day average daily volume for DepoMed is 619,000.Cache (CACH) gained 22 cents, or 4.7%, to $4.93 in the premarket session after the sportswear retailer posted an adjusted fourth-quarter profit of 3 cents a share, which was a penny better than the Thomson Reuters average estimate. The 50-day average daily volume for Cache is 75,000. GTSI (GTSI) may trade higher Friday after the IT products and solutions provider notched a fourth-quarter profit of 60 cents a share, which nearly doubled the single analyst estimate of 33 cents a share. The 50-day average daily volume for GTSI is 9,000. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Friday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV