Dynamic Materials 4Q Profit Off 81 Percent
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) ¿ Dynamic Materials Corp., which makes explosion-welded clad metal plates, said its fourth-quarter profit slid 81 percent as sales in its metalworking division fell.
The company earned $1 million, or 8 cents per share, for the quarter that ended Dec. 31, compared with $5.4 million, or 42 cents per share, a year earlier.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected 13 cents per share.
Sales for the quarter fell to $42.6 million from $58.6 million a year ago.The explosive metalworking division saw a 33 percent drop in sales to $31.7 million, while sales in oil field products and the AMK Welding division were steady. For the year, Dynamic Materials earned $8.5 million, or 66 cents per share, compared with $24.1 million, or $1.87 per share, the previous year. Sales fell to $164.9 million from $232.6 million. The company expects 2010 sales to be in a range from the same to 5 percent lower, Chief Financial Officer Rick Santa said in a statement. The company said it has entered new markets in the oil and gas industry and in rail car manufacturing, which could expand demand for its products. Shares rose 23 cents, or 1.2 percent, to close at $19.06. They lost $1.56 in aftermarket trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV