1. National Health Investors (NHI) owns long-term care facilities.
The numbers: Fourth-quarter net income increased 22% to $16 million, and earnings per share grew 10% to 54 cents. Revenue climbed 10% to $17 million. The operating margin remained steady at 78%. The REIT holds $46 million of cash and no debt.
The stock: National Health Investors has gained 52% in the past 12 months. The stock sells for a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 14, a discount to peers. The shares are expensive based on book value and sales. The REIT yields 6.4%.
-- Reported by Jake Lynch in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV