2. Annaly Capital Management (NLY) invests in mortgage-backed securities.
The numbers: Annaly swung to a fourth-quarter profit of $729 million, or $1.30 a share, from a loss of $507 million, or 95 cents, a year earlier. Revenue rose 16% to $865 million. The operating margin remained steady at 96%. Annaly holds $2.3 billion of cash and $55 billion of debt.
The stock: Annaly has gained 36% in the past year. It sells for a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 6.5, an 89% discount to the industry average. The shares are also cheap when comparing trailing earnings, book value and sales. The REIT yields 16.6%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV