Thanks largely to strong consumer demand for notebooks, worldwide PC growth is now expected to hit 20% this year, an upgrade from the 9% pace Gartner predicted previously.
Appearing on Gartner's report for the first time was the tablet category. Gartner predicts that 10.5 million tablets will be sold this year, roughly 2.8% of the total PC market tally.
Within that tablet category sits the Apple iPad, which debuts later this month."The most likely scenario for iPad sales this year is 4.2 million
Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV