China Armco, Wet Seal: Early Volume Plays
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were poised to move on above-average volume during Thursday's session.
China Armco Metals (CNAM) should traded higher on increased volume after the metal distributor said one of its subsidiaries has entered into a scrap supply contract with a major China steel producer valued at up to $100 million this year. The three-month average daily volume for China Armco is 109,000. The stock closed Wednesday at $5.30.
China XD Plastics (CXDC) was poised to gain ground Thursday after the automotive plastics manufacturer will expand into the eastern China market with a new distributor agreement. The 50-day average daily volume for China XD is 69,000. Shares finished trading Wednesday at $6.15.
Wet Seal (WTSLA) may trade higher on increased volume after the retailer said same-store sales increased 4.7% in February, compared to the Thomson Reuters estimate for a decline of 2.9%. The 50-day average daily volume for Wet Seal is 1.07 million. Shares closed Wednesday at $4.11.ENGlobal (ENG) should lose ground after the energy consulting provider reported a fourth-quarter loss of 3 cents a share, surprising analysts who had expected a profit of 2 cents a share. Revenue fell nearly 40% to $82.8 million, also below consensus. The three-month average daily volume for ENGlobal is 137,000. The stock finished Wednesday's session at $3.18. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Thursday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV