Pandit is expected to tell the Congressional Oversight Panel that the company looks and is run very differently than when he arrived in 2007, the Wall Street Journal reports, citing people familiar with Pandit's planned remarks.
Citigroup's CEO, in fact, will thank the U.S. government for providing $45 billion of bailout money that stabilized the bank during the financial crisis, Bloomberg reports, citing a person close to Citigroup.
Pandit also is expected to tell the oversight panel that Citigroup made $160 billion in mortgage and credit-card loans last year and helped more than 800,000 families avoid foreclosure, the Journal reports.Citigroup has repaid about $20 billion of the bailout funds. The U.S. government retains a 27% stake in the bank and has said it plans to liquidate this year the common stock it holds. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV