You get the feeling Honda's (HMC) next Acura model will be named the Loss Leader. Despite a 17% upswing in overall sales, its TL, TSX and RL coupe and sedan sales slumped, with the RLs dropping 30%. Its RDX and MDX crossovers, however, revved up their sales by nearly 19% and 65%, respectively.
While the company isn't synonymous with luxury, Hyundai's Genesis is taking a larger chunk of the upscale sedan market. While its Azera model's sales slumped by more than a third, the Genesis' market has grown by a similar margin and has emerged as viable competitor to Lexus and Acura's mid-level offerings.-- Reported by Jason Notte in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV