Chrysler's still selling luxury vehicles? The 300 is in the Avalon's class and still managed a 62% sales bump from February 2009. On the other side of the coin is the Dodge Viper, which saw its sales drop 50% from 47 in February 2009 to 24 last month. Not surprisingly, Chrysler announced last month that its new batch of 32 Viper SRT10s would be its last. Chrysler's luxury future will only improve if partner Fiat brings its Ferrari and Alfa Romeo models into the fold.
The company's Infiniti division was one of the few luxury labels whose cars carried the day. Infiniti's 11% uptick over February 2009 came as its G series sedans and coupes recorded 25% and 41% gains, respectively -- boosting car sales more than 15%. While sales of Infiniti's QX56 SUV more than tripled in the same period, its EX and FX crossover wagons put a double-digit drag on its truck sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV