The good news is sales of Daimler's (DAI) Mercedes models rose 8.4%. The bad news is that car sales, minus the sale of 515 Sprinter commercial vans, rose at half the pace. While the popular C- and E-class luxury cars posted 6% and 92% gains respectively, any Mercedes that wasn't a G-Class SUV or a G- or M-Class crossover suffered double-digit declines.
This was one of the few luxury labels that actually put some horsepower behind its soaring sales numbers. Audi's 34% increase came on the back of its A3 and A5 models, which more than doubled their sales. In the A3's case, new high-mileage TDI diesel models made up more than half of its take. Sales of A4 and A6 sedans and the Q5 crossover accelerated by double-digit percentages.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV