Ford's (F) Crown Victoria couldn't capitalize on the Avalon's weakness, losing 23% of its sales from a year earlier, but its Taurus delivered a 93% boost as the Lincoln and Volvo divisions gained momentum.
Lincoln sales were up 18% as the MKX drew 58% more sales last month than it did last February, while the bulky Navigator SUV bucked the crossover trend and posted a more than 48% sales gain. Even the Town Car managed a 1.2% sales boost. Volvo sales, meanwhile, grew 38% as sales of its midlife-crisis convertibles doubled at the same rate as its warhorse wagons.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV