SunPower (SPWRA) was up by 3%, even though it has yet to announce a date for its earnings -- and that was the second-largest gain in solar on Wednesday.
Italian solar officials from Kerself have previously indicated the level of reductions they expected in the existing feed-in tariff scheme .
While Wednesday was a broadly positive day for solar stocks, GT Solar continued to slide after it opened the week in a selloff precipitated by a major insider stock sale by one if its early venture capital investors.
-- Reported by Eric Rosenbaum in New York.
>>See our new stock quote page. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV