(Nissan recall's impact on the company's stock Wednesday included in this update.)
Nissan said a brake-pin recall affects certain Nissan Titan pickups, Infiniti QX56, Nissan Armada Sports Utility Vehicles and Nissan Quest minivans from 2008 to 2010.
Nissan said the brake pins can partially come loose and cause a loss of "normal braking ability."Nissan also said it would fix faulty fuel gauges in Titans, Armadas and QX56s from 2005-2008, as well as certain Frontier pickups and Pathfinder and Xterra SUVs. Nissan shares were shedding 14 cents or 0.9%, to $15.86 in recent trading. Nissan's recall follows the much grander recall of 8 million vehicles by Japan's No. 1 automaker Toyota (TM) for sticking gas pedals and other problems. Nissan said no injuries or accidents were reported related to the recalls. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV