Nissan Recall to Affect 540,000 Vehicles
(Nissan recall's impact on the company's stock Wednesday included in this update.)
Nissan said a brake-pin recall affects certain Nissan Titan pickups, Infiniti QX56, Nissan Armada Sports Utility Vehicles and Nissan Quest minivans from 2008 to 2010.
Nissan said the brake pins can partially come loose and cause a loss of "normal braking ability."Nissan also said it would fix faulty fuel gauges in Titans, Armadas and QX56s from 2005-2008, as well as certain Frontier pickups and Pathfinder and Xterra SUVs. Nissan shares were shedding 14 cents or 0.9%, to $15.86 in recent trading. Nissan's recall follows the much grander recall of 8 million vehicles by Japan's No. 1 automaker Toyota (TM) for sticking gas pedals and other problems. Nissan said no injuries or accidents were reported related to the recalls. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV