The headline: A nearly 30% improvement in Mazda3's sales powered the company to a 4% gain over last February's tally.
The hidden gem: The Mazda3, CX-7 and CX-9 were the rare bright spots, as the company's nine other models posted double-digit declines.
The headline: Mitsubishi sales dropped 1% from a year earlier as the company sold 4,019 cars.The hidden gem: Sales of its Galant model rose 42% from the same time last year, while Endeavor sales soared 162%.
VolkswagenThe headline: With sales jumping 32.6% from last February and year-to-date sales climbing 36.9% from this time last year, practical models like the hard-to-pronounce Tiguan are paving the way. The hidden gem: Not really. The sporty GTI models sold 166% more than they did last February, while the gas-guzzling Routan SUV sales climbed 122.7%. -- Reported by Jason Notte in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV