1. Daily Journal Corp. (DJCO) sells profession-oriented newspapers.
The numbers: Fiscal first-quarter profit rose 19% to $2.1 million, or $1.51 a share, as revenue inched up 0.5% to $9.9 million. Daily Journal's operating margin extended from 28% to 32%. Its balance sheet stores $64 million of cash and no debt.
The stock: Daily Journal has increased 80% over the past year, outperforming major indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 11 and a price-to-book ratio of 1.6, a 46% and 56% discount to respective peer-group averages.
-- Reported by Jake Lynch in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV