2. Interactive Data (IDC) sells financial-market data and analytics.
The numbers: Fourth-quarter profit decreased 18% to $33 million, or 34 cents a share, as revenue remained flat at $194 million. The operating margin contracted from 29% to 24%. Interactive Data holds $306 million of cash and no debt.
The stock: Interactive Data has risen 41% over the past 52 weeks, underperforming benchmarks. The stock trades at a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 19, a premium to competitors. It is cheap when comparing book value metrics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV