4. John Wiley & Sons (JW.A) publishes print and electronic publications.
The numbers: Fiscal second-quarter profit increased 15% to $46 million, or 78 cents a share, as revenue grew 3.7% to $448 million. The operating margin expanded from 16% to 19%. John Wiley & Sons holds $61 million of cash and $853 million of debt.
The stock: John Wiley & Sons has increased 43% during the past 12 months, lagging behind U.S. benchmarks. The stock trades at a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 15, on par with competitors' shares. It is cheap based on sales and cash flow.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV