BOSTON (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's equity model, which ranks stocks based on fundamentals and performance, considers the following five media companies the best in the industry.
5. Thomson-Reuters (TRI) sells data.
The numbers: Fourth-quarter profit plummeted 73% to $177 million, or 21 cents a share, as revenue declined 1.6% to $3.4 billion. The operating margin narrowed from 24% to 15%. Thomson holds $1.1 billion of cash and $7.6 billion of debt.
The stock: Thomson-Reuters has advanced 52% over the past year, trailing major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-book ratio of 1.5, a discount to media peers. The shares offer a 3.2% dividend yield with an excessive payout ratio of 113%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV