Universal Truckload Services, Inc. Announces Filing Of S-3 Shelf Registration Statement
WARREN, Mich., March 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Universal Truckload Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: UACL) announced today that it has filed a shelf registration statement on Form S-3 with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") to offer to the public from time to time in one or more offerings shares of its common stock, preferred stock, rights and warrants up to a total aggregate offering amount of $100,000,000. The securities will be offered at prices and on terms to be determined at the time of any such offering.
In addition, under the shelf registration, if and when declared effective by the SEC, our Chairman, Matthew T. Moroun, and one of our directors, Manuel J. Moroun, who together are controlling stockholders of the Company, may offer for resale to the public from time to time in one or more offerings up to 6,082,726 secondary shares of the Company's common stock owned by them at prices and on terms to be determined at the time of any such offering. Matthew T. Moroun is the son of Manuel J. Moroun.
Neither the Company nor either of the Morouns has any present intention to offer any of the securities.
The registration statement on Form S-3 has not yet been declared effective by the SEC. The securities may not be sold and offers to buy may not be accepted prior to the time the registration statement becomes effective. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of the securities in any state or other jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation, or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or other jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV