PORTLAND, Ore. (Clean Edge) -- Each of Clean Edge and NASDAQ's three benchmark clean-tech stock indexes ended last week down with the Clean Edge Green Energy Index (CELS) losing 3.10 percent, the OMX Clean Edge Global Wind Energy Index (QWND) falling 2.48 percent, and OMX Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index (QGRD), down 2.23 percent from the previous week.
The overall market also ended the week down slightly: the S&P 500 lost 0.42 percent, NASDAQ fell 0.25 percent and AMEX Oil ended the week 2.19 percent lower.
CELS, which was down 3.10 percent for the week but 54.16 percent higher than a year ago, tracks U.S.-listed clean-energy companies and is divided into four categories: advanced materials; energy intelligence; energy storage and conversion; and renewable electricity generation and renewable fuels.
In the advanced materials sector, all five component companies were in negative territory. Energy intelligence had six components up and 14 down. In energy storage and conversion, four components were in positive territory and six lost ground. For renewable electricity and fuels, one component was up while the remaining 14 saw losses from the previous week's close.
CELS' best performer for the week was stationary fuel cell developer FuelCell Energy (FCEL), gaining 6.44 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV