Analyst Peter Misek reiterated his Apple buy rating and $250 price target in a note released on Monday, according to Barron's.
CNBC reports that Misek raised the company's iPhone estimate from 7.2 million to 7.9 million units.
|Apple's iPhone sales are swelling.|
During Apple's recent first-quarter results, iPhone shipments climbed a massive 100% compared to the same period last year, helping grow the company's overall revenue by more than 30% to $15.68 billion.Up to this point, consumers have largely driven Apple's iPhone growth, although the technology is said to be creeping into corporate America. Apple's exclusive iPhone deal with AT&T (T) has been said to end this year, and there have been rumblings that Verizon (VZ) is in line to snap up the popular smartphone. Last week, however, multiple industry sources and Wall Street analysts were wondering if AT&T's exclusivity with the iPhone would be extended. Canaccord says the Verizon iPhone is unlikely to arrive until fiscal 2011. Misek added that version 4.0 of the iPhone operating system will probably launch sometime between March and June, according to Barron's. The analyst also warned that Apple's iPad debut, scheduled for this month, could be "limited in size or potentially delayed by component shortage and production issues". Apple shares rose $4.23, or 2.07%, to $208.85 on Monday, just outpacing the broader advance in tech stocks that saw the Nasdaq rise 1.39%. -- Reported by James Rogers in New York
Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV