NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were poised to move on above-average volume during Monday's session.
Sirius XM (SIRI) fell by 5 cents, or 4.9%, to 97 cents in the premarket session after Wunderlich Securities downgraded the stock to hold from buy following the satellite radio provider's fourth-quarter results last week. Still, Wunderlich analysts maintained their $1 price target and said they still like Sirius XM's business. The 50-day average daily volume for Sirius XM is 62.74 million, according to the Nasdaq.
GT Solar (SOLR) slid by 30 cents, or 5%, to $5.65 in the premarket session after the company filed for a common stock offering of 25 million shares by selling shareholders. The 50-day average daily volume for GT Solar is 1.04 million shares.
On Track Innovations (OTIV) should trade on increased volume Monday after the microprocessor-based technology company reported a fourth-quarter loss of 16 cents a share, which was worse than the single analyst estimate for a loss of 4 cents a share. Revenue of $7.52 million was up 6.2% from a year ago but below the lone analyst target of $8.65 million. The 50-day average daily volume for On Track Innovations is 299,000.China Infrastructure Investment (CIIC) rallied by 55 cents, or 29%, to $2.45 in the premarket session in the absence of any company-specific news. Last month, China Infrastructure Investment reported a fiscal second-quarter profit and said toll growth on the China Expressway should accelerate in 2010 in line with China's gradually improving economy. The 50-day average daily volume for China Infrastructure is 236,000. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Monday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV