The statement did add that Gatorade would continue "our partnership with the Tiger Woods Foundation will continue. We wish him all the best."
And with that, Gatorade became the third major corporate sponsor to drop Tiger. Granted, Tiger won't likely be living on the streets anytime soon. And perhaps he'll one day put the scandal in his past, just as countless others -- from athletes to politicians -- have done before.
Still, shareholders of Tiger Woods-endorsed stocks will have a hard time forgetting the financial pain he apparently caused them when, according to one study, they lost between $5 billion to $12 billion in the market value of their investment as news of his extramarital sexcapades first broke.
-- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
Tiger Woods Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV