Rainier Pacific Financial Group Announces FDIC Receivership Of Its Bank Subsidiary, Rainier Pacific Bank
Rainier Pacific Financial Group (NASDAQ CM:RPFG), the bank holding company for Rainier Pacific Bank ("Bank"), announced today that on Friday, February 26, 2010, Rainier Pacific Bank, the wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, was closed by the State of Washington, Department of Financial Institutions, Division of Banks. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation was appointed as receiver of the Bank. Customers who have questions about the foregoing matters, or who would like more information can visit the FDIC’s website located at http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/rainier.html or call the FDIC toll-free at 1-800-830-4725.
The Company also announced that on February 26, 2010, concurrent with the closure of the Bank, all of the directors of Rainier Pacific Bank resigned from its board.
The Company’s shares of Rainier Pacific Bank were its principal asset, and as a result of the Bank’s closure, the Company will either be dissolved and liquidated by its board of directors or file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceeding for liquidation.
Any questions should be directed to Jonathan W. Blado, Esq., of Blado
Kiger, P.S., the Registered Agent of Rainier Pacific Financial Group as
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV