Rainier Pacific Financial Group Announces FDIC Receivership Of Its Bank Subsidiary, Rainier Pacific Bank
Rainier Pacific Financial Group (NASDAQ CM:RPFG), the bank holding company for Rainier Pacific Bank ("Bank"), announced today that on Friday, February 26, 2010, Rainier Pacific Bank, the wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, was closed by the State of Washington, Department of Financial Institutions, Division of Banks. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation was appointed as receiver of the Bank. Customers who have questions about the foregoing matters, or who would like more information can visit the FDIC’s website located at http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/rainier.html or call the FDIC toll-free at 1-800-830-4725.
The Company also announced that on February 26, 2010, concurrent with the closure of the Bank, all of the directors of Rainier Pacific Bank resigned from its board.
The Company’s shares of Rainier Pacific Bank were its principal asset, and as a result of the Bank’s closure, the Company will either be dissolved and liquidated by its board of directors or file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceeding for liquidation.
Any questions should be directed to Jonathan W. Blado, Esq., of Blado Kiger, P.S., the Registered Agent of Rainier Pacific Financial Group as indicated below.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV