CompX Announces Favorable Ruling Against Humanscale In The Eastern District Of Virginia
DALLAS, Feb. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- CompX International Inc. (NYSE: CIX) announced that it and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Waterloo Furniture Components Limited, prevailed in asserting two of their patents against Humanscale Corporation in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. The Jury found all of the asserted claims to be valid and infringed and awarded CompX over $19,000,000 in damages.
"Defending our intellectual property is critical to protecting our North American manufacturing facilities and to continue providing our valued customers with innovative technology and products," said Corey Boland, President of the CompX Furniture Components unit. He continued, "We are extremely pleased with the jury's findings." CompX holds over 30 patents on its CompX ErgonomX® product line, which includes the keyboard support systems at issue in this case.
CompX is a leading manufacturer of security products, furniture components and performance marine components.
SOURCE CompX International Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV