CompX Announces Favorable Ruling Against Humanscale In The Eastern District Of Virginia
DALLAS, Feb. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- CompX International Inc. (NYSE: CIX) announced that it and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Waterloo Furniture Components Limited, prevailed in asserting two of their patents against Humanscale Corporation in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. The Jury found all of the asserted claims to be valid and infringed and awarded CompX over $19,000,000 in damages.
"Defending our intellectual property is critical to protecting our North American manufacturing facilities and to continue providing our valued customers with innovative technology and products," said Corey Boland, President of the CompX Furniture Components unit. He continued, "We are extremely pleased with the jury's findings." CompX holds over 30 patents on its CompX ErgonomX® product line, which includes the keyboard support systems at issue in this case.
CompX is a leading manufacturer of security products, furniture components and performance marine components.
SOURCE CompX International Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV