NEW YORK (
TheStreet) -- Earnings and politics will be two factors driving ETFs this week. Earnings news will impact solar and water ETFs, while a Thailand fund will digest an important court decision. Meanwhile the movements of a euro ETF will heavily influenced by Europe's efforts to grapple with a deepening sovereign debt crisis.
Claymore/MAC Global Solar (TAN)
This fund declined again last week and this sector has failed to stabilize along with the broader market. It made a death cross on Friday, with the 50-day moving average falling below the 200-day moving average. Exposure to government-supported demand in Europe faces a double whammy of a weaker euro and weak government finances.
Solar earnings continue to come in this week with Suntech Power (STP), which accounts for 4.7% of TAN, reporting on Thursday. Analysts forecast the company earned 11 cents per share on $467 million in revenue. Canadian Solar (CSIQ) also reports, with analysts looking for 48 cents per share on roughly $267 million in revenue. CSIQ accounts for 3.6% of TAN's portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV