BOSTON (TheStreet) -- The following stocks earn "buy" ratings from TheStreet.com's quantitative model. They're ordered by potential to appreciate, from worst to best.
5. PepsiCo (PEP) sells soda and snack foods.
The numbers: Fourth-quarter profit doubled to $1.4 billion, or 90 cents a share, as revenue grew 4.5% to $13 billion. The operating margin expanded from 14% to 15%. PepsiCo's balance sheet contains $4.1 billion of cash and $7.9 billion of debt.
The stock: PepsiCo advanced 26% in the past year, lagging behind major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 14, a 16% discount to the industry average. The shares offer a 2.9% dividend yield and have a low beta of 0.5.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV