Stock No. 5: Compass Minerals (CMP)
Compass Minerals is a leading chemical company that specializes in fertilizers and salts. While it's clearly not time to be watering the garden, Kansas-based Compass is seeing brisk business from its de-icing and salt products thanks to the wintry weather.
Compass has grown its earnings per share dramatically across the last few quarters and is looking to share more of those profits with shareholders. On Feb. 8, the company raised its quarterly dividend by 10% to 39 cents per share, payable March 15 to shareholders of record as of March 1. This stock is going strong right now and should see continued success from the winter weather.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV