Stock No. 4: Ford (F) may not sound like a winter-weather stock, but the company makes internal combustion engines for far more than just Mustangs and F-150s.
The fact is that Ford remains one of the largest engine suppliers for top privately held generator companies like Generac and Kohler.
Ford is a great stock to buy right now for a number of reasons: It's gobbling up market share from bankrupt GM and Chrysler and is benefiting from uncertainty over Toyota (TM) vehicles in the wake of the recent recalls. The generator angle provides just one more reason to like Ford stock right now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV