Stock No. 2: Home Depot (HD)
Home Depot has about 2,300 retail stores in the U.S., and is likely to be the first destination for homeowners looking to fix burst pipes, mend fallen gutters or tend to other havoc inflicted by Old Man Winter.
Home Depot made a splash recently with a fantastic fourth-quarter earnings report. A 1.2% jump in same-store sales for the period helped the company trounce Wall Street estimates of 17 cents per share with actual profits of 24 cents per share. Do-it-yourself repairs in the wake of the winter storms are sure to pad Home Depot's bottom line for the current quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV