Stock No. 1: Beacon Roofing (BECN)
As one of North America's largest roofing materials distributors, Beacon Roofing Supply operates 175 branches throughout the U.S. and Canada. Besides roofing products, the company also manufactures related materials, such as siding, windows and waterproofing systems -- products that are sure to be in high demand after the current round of winter weather.
In its fiscal first-quarter earnings report released in February, BECN did show signs of tough times, with a 20% decline in sales year over year. However, residential roofing sales were up against strong comparisons to the previous year where Hurricane Ike literally drove sales through the roof in Texas. This shows how weather patterns can affect Beacon Roofing's results, so the stock should cash in after the storms of February.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV