CompX Announces Favorable International Trade Commission Ruling
DALLAS, Feb. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- CompX International Inc. (NYSE: CIX) announced that it prevailed in defending 38 of 40 of its products in an International Trade Commission patent infringement investigation brought against it and a wholly owned subsidiary, Waterloo Furniture Components Limited. In the determination, the Judge found the only asserted independent claim was invalid.
CompX disagrees with the finding that Waterloo's remaining two products were found to infringe on a related but separate dependent claim within the complainant's patent and will vigorously appeal this finding. While these two products comprise a very small percentage of Waterloo's overall CompX ErgonomX® product line, CompX and Waterloo respect validly enforceable intellectual property rights of others in the marketplace. During the anticipated appeal, Waterloo has undertaken steps to incorporate the components found not to infringe into all of its products in order to mitigate any concerns in the marketplace and ensure uninterrupted product flow to our customers. The functionality and price of these products will remain unchanged.
CompX is a leading manufacturer of security products, furniture components and performance marine components.
SOURCE CompX International Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV