Southwest Gas Increases The Quarterly Common Stock Dividend And Declares Second Quarter 2010 Dividend
LAS VEGAS, Feb. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Board of Directors for Southwest Gas Corporation (NYSE: SWX) has increased the quarterly common stock dividend from $.2375 per share to $.25 per share and has declared the following second quarter cash dividend:
Common Stock ------------ Payable June 1, 2010 Of Record May 17, 2010 Dividend $.25 per share
The dividend equates to $1.00 per share, a five cent or approximately five percent increase, on an annualized basis. The Company has paid quarterly dividends continuously since going public in 1956, and has raised its dividend in each of the past four years. Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Shaw noted, "Improved cash flows, a decrease in capital expenditures, and sensible cost controls have all combined to strengthen our financial position, despite the current economic downturn. Dividend increases are necessary to facilitate competitive and reasonable returns for our shareholders."
About Southwest Gas
Southwest Gas Corporation provides natural gas service to approximately 1.8 million customers in Arizona, Nevada, and California. For more information about Southwest Gas, please visit www.swgas.com .SOURCE Southwest Gas Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV