Updated since 11:59 am EST with stock price.
Stern's shock-jock humor is one of the biggest draws for the satellite radio shop and a key to improving its slumping subscriber numbers and advertising revenue.
Karmazin is more aware of the stakes involved than anyone. Karmazin, who has been selling radio ads since he was 17, took a familiar approach to the Stern question asked by an analyst on an earnings call Thursday. Karmazin gushed praise.Howard "has worked out terrifically well. Bringing Howard to Sirius was a great call," Karmazin told analysts. "In the last four years, Howard has done his best work... helped by the fact that he has a national platform." "He has been a great partner," added Karmazin. "We would like to continue doing business together. There's nothing in his contract that deals with a timeframe as to when we need to negotiate and do a deal. So we have nothing to announce today."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV